Retail banking services are currently provided by CIBC FirstCaribbean Bank, ScotiaBank, and the Royal Bank of Canada, while private banking services are provided by a number of investment banks and trust companies. Banks are regulated by the Banking Ordinance and the Financial Services Commission Ordinance. There is also legislation targeting the proceeds of crime and protecting against money laundering and terrorist financing.
We can advise generally on:
- placement of funds in Turks & Caicos
- borrowing for property purchase,
- opening of new accounts.
- assist with an applications for a bank licence
- advise on and prepare customised lending agreements and security documentation.
- give recommendations as to placement of funds to suit individual requirements.